Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Today in a shoebox...

Three of my New Year's resolutions were: 1. to finish the second draft of my novel, 2. to write at least 200 words every day and 3. to leave at least one helpful review on this or any other of my writing sites I frequent.

Thus far, number 3 has been covered. Number 2 has to be in a work of fiction, otherwise I would have covered it about three times over in the seven or so reviews I have left scattered all over the web... (What can I say? I like long reviews.)

Number 1 obviously will take a little more time. I am starting chapter 11 and I am a little stuck... Having revised the entire storyline, I naturally have to revise my character's actions. Now I have to have one character run away. But I never worked out just how to do it (I am fiercely opposed to outlining) and so now my poor character is twiddling his thumbs whilst I devise a feasable method of his escape... Hmmm...

Going to the dentist today. *growls* I hate the dentist. I used to wonder why people didn't like the place of toothpaste and fluoride, but now I see it for what it really is: the land of metal hooks perpetually scraping, of the whine of drills and the bitter taste of cavity filler. *gag* I hate the dentist...

No comments: