Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Chance or theft...

I'm sick. Been sick for a while and will probably be sick for a while yet. I hate colds. And ear infections. I hate those too.

Anyway, while sick, I was watching Escaflowne the movie after having finished the series recently. Escaflowne was actually the first anime movie I ever watched, methinks, quite a few years ago. I recently watched the series to see what exactly it was that I remembered and even ended up buying one of the soundtracks for the series and the movie soundtrack. The movie soundtrack especially is fantastic and I found out that the same composer who did the music for the series and movie also wrote the music for "Cowboy Bebop", which I am currently watching and which I have heard rave reviews about for its music. Yes indeed.

While watching the movie with my soundtrack in mind, I noticed something. One of the songs (track 23 - Final Vision) sounds a lot like the music from Nausicaa and a bit from Castle in the Sky. And it actually plays while the floating fortress disintegrates, playing similar to the music when the castle collapses in Castle in the Sky. Coinkydink? Inspiration? It was interesting.

No comments: