Monday, January 25, 2010

Feeling loved on my birthday...

Today is my birthday and while it's not a bad day exactly, circumstances are not going exactly the way I would have picked if I had the choice (ex. my mom's out of town with my sickly grandfather, my dad's working, my siblings are all shipped off to school or friends' houses and I'm in class from 9-7 today). And yet... I feel so loved today.

Seriously, this day that I started out feeling rather whiny and sorry for myself since things were seeming to be turning out so lonely today. And then the flood of calls came in from my friend (who called me like five times when normally we talk about once a week or so over the phone) and my aunt invited me to dinner later tonight. Then I happen to go on my Facebook for the first time in months and there's a slew of people wishing me a happy birthday on there. I even got a text from a friend I hadn't talked to in a long time wishing me a happy birthday. I feel just so loved today!

I'm sorry that I started the day feeling lonely. Turns out that people really care about me. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy. *snugs the world*

No comments: