Monday, November 26, 2007

Life is tough...

With three current writing projects going on, and a fourth that I have to begin soon, plus a comic that I am revamping, I have a lot going on. Add that to highschool and you have a nice little mess. Why am I doing this to myself?

The answer is that I love writing. It is so important to me that I am willing to give up the time that should probably be spent studying or doing homework, and spend the effort to type thousands of words. At least I can type fast.

When I go to the library and lurk in the writing "how-to", publishing guides and grammar sections, I feel exposed - as though I am being watched all the time. It almost makes me feel as though I am doing something dirty. I don't know why. Maybe it's just because it is so different from everyone else... But I plan to change my attitude. I stride proudly into the aisle and emerge with armfuls of books.

Life is tough. Writing makes it tougher. Highschool is toughest. I'm already alive, so I might as well take on some challenges and be different. If everyone were the same, it would be a boring world.

1 comment:

Josiah Lewis said...

I can relate to some of this.
Last week I walked into Barnes and Noble and asked the lady behind the counter where books on writing fiction book proposals might be found. Needless to say, I had to repeat myself.
I almost always enjoy standing out that way.
Thanks for the encouragment on my blog, by the way.