Sunday, November 25, 2007

A pox on dial-up and my scribbles...

Yes, I have dial-up Internet service... *gag*

Normally I am fond of the older methods of doing things - phone calls vs. text messaging, fork beating instead of an electric mixer, K'nex Legos and my writing vs. video games. But dial-up is the older, more nostalgic version of Internet service that should be tied up with duct tape, thrown down the stairs and burned at the stake.

Anyway, I am a little frustrated because I left my scribble copy (hard copy that I scribble revisions on in pencil) of "Ocean of Tears" (first book of Ocean of Fire) in my locker at school and so I had to write some scribbles on the hard copy of the chapters with my beta's comments. (*huggles Casey*) That kind of annoyed me, because now I am going to have to transfer those scribbles to my scribble copy so that they are all together in one hard copy. I made the mistake with an older project of having several scribble copies - most of them are lost now... No scribbles for my archives.

Now I am forced to do more scribbles on the beta copy for I feel compelled to do some kind of work and my computer is about to be used by my brother for computer games and so I cannot work on my chapter (I am planning on doing this draft entirely electronically - made the mistake one time of writing chapters on many different surfaces, not all of which made it back to my desk or into a folder... *fumes* Lots of rewrites... Then I had to type it all in anyway so that it was all in the computer... *gag*)

No comments: