Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Read...

I went to the library yesterday and then read something like four books last night. I was on a roll.

Two were excellent reads:

1. "Ghosting" by Jennie Edral. It's a memoir of a writer who wrote under someone else's name. (not like a pen name - the works would be attributed to another person.) It's really interested and has the most beautiful prose. It just felt liquid and airy.

2. "The Eyre Affair" by Jasper Fforde. My English teacher recommended it to me after I told her I had read "Jane Eyre." If you are going to read it, it is best to have read "Jane Eyre" first so you can fully appreciate what is going on, since it is kind of a retelling, but it is still a good read. It's the story of a special operations officer in an alternate universe where literature is taken EXTREMELY seriously. It reads something like "Alice in Wonderland" though not quite so Carrolian. I enjoyed it.

I highly recommend these books. I read a few other books, but they weren't quite as good and therefore not worth mentioning.

I'm getting a little frustrated with my computer. It has decided that it doesn't want to let me use my thumb drive to transfer a type-up of the beginning of my second draft to my other computer. *growl* So now I have to go and retype the section. Luckily it is only about 3 pages, but it is still pretty frustrating. Ah well, such is life, I suppose...

No comments: