Thursday, December 20, 2007

Still Exhausted, Inheritance News...

Yes, I am still haunted by that monster that is fatigue. And as brevity is the soul of wit (and saves my fingers the effort of typing), I shall be brief...

News on the "Inheritance Trilogy" (beginning with Eragon, etc.): it is no longer a trilogy. It is to become a cycle, with four books rather than three. (not that this is news to any diehard Inheritance fan, which I am not ashamed to say that I am not...)

Don't knock me for being an Eragon reader. I am torn between loving and hating the books, depending on when I am reading them. But in any state of mind, I hate the time spent with the elves in "Eldest." I just do. And I am sick of Eragon making an ass of himself over Arya. *bleh*

I dunno. It depends on my mood...

1 comment:

Casey Gillespie said...

One more day to go, right? then you can sleep for a month!

I've never read any of the Eragon books... should I?
I work at a little independent movie theater (though I just got a new job that I am unbelievably psyched about) and when Eragon the movie came out, we played it. The guy who directed it, Stefen Fangmeier, lives locally, and we organized a fundraiser/special screening with him. That's my Eragon story. Yeah yeah I know the movie wasn't very good, but look at what he had to work with... zing! I felt kind of bad for the guy when all these horrible reviews came out slandering him, he was a really nice guy. I don't know what I'd do if I published or released something and everyone hated it with such a passion. You know? because it's like a reflection of yourself when you create something, and when people are critical in such a negative way, it can really get you down. I would probably console myself with chocolate and never write again. How depressing!

...um, look! a bird!