Friday, December 21, 2007

Writing a Monster...

How do you write an innocent monster? So far I haven't found any instruction manuals and the only thing similar is Frankenstein's monster. But while he is a monster on the outside, my character is a monster on the inside.

I think I am doing fairly well. He may do horrible things, but he is still completely innocent. He doesn't understand why what he has done is wrong. He doesn't try to justify his actions by thinking it is for the good of all. He does it to satisfy himself and doesn't understand why everyone else gets upset.

Anyway, I am writing his chapter now and I think that in his innocence, he is an endearing character. Of course, other people could hate him horribly, but I like him and I guess that is what matters. I wouldn't write a character that I hate.

No comments: